Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Out of the Mouths of Babes

Tonight, I went to the  the Visitor's Center of the temple with the stake Choir, 
 to watch the Joseph Smith video. 
As I was sitting there, I felt kind of awkward and out of place almost. 
As a friend explained to me earlier today: Junior high kids and Young Adults are very similar in nature. 
Both groups are striving to discover who they are, trying to find their places in life, and looking to fit in. 
Because of this, we often find those moments of feeling awkward and uncomfortable. 
That is exactly how I was feeling. 
Anyway, I digress. 

As I was sitting there, I looked up and saw a little boy from the preschool class
in which I did my student teaching. 
We made eye contact and he pointed me out to his mom. 
She encouraged him to come say hi. 
So Cute Little L marched over to me with a big grin on his face, grabbed my hand, and exclaimed:
"YOU'RE MY TEACHER!"

He continued to hold onto my hand as we had a little conversation. 
After a little while of talking he decided I needed to sit with him, and dragged me to a seat by where his mom was sitting. 
He then proceeded to offer me chapstick and gum, and then made himself cozy in the seat next to me. 
during the course of the movie, he informed me his seat wasn't very comfortable and made himself comfortable on my lap. 

After the movie, my little buddy did not want me to leave. 
As his mom was walking out, he held onto my hand and insisted that I go with, while exclaiming: 
"I never thought I would see you here."

When I finally told L I had to leave, he gave me a big hug, looked up at me and said,
"Good-bye Stephanie. I just love you."

My heart melted from this whole encounter. 
Kids are seriously my favorite creation on the Earth. 
Ready for the best part?

This morning as I was reading the Book of Mormon, I read this verse: 
19 For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a childsubmissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father.

This tender little moment made me think back to this verse from the Book of Mormon. 
This little guy was the perfect example of these traits listed in this verse. 
What a sweet little moment that completely made my day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment