Thursday, June 5, 2014

Leave to Thy God

Yesterday I was meeting a friend to go to the temple. On the way there, I was listening to some church music. For some reason, I kept going back to the hymn "Be Still My Soul." I probably listened to it 5 times. 

It wasn't til I was getting ready for bed that night, that I realized why. This quote stuck in my mind: 

I went to bed thinking of this and I woke up thinking of this idea too. Here's what I learned. 

Growing up, I had this false concept that Heavenly Father just gives to us, whatever we seek. While He does bless us with those righteous desires and needs, I've come to gain a greater understanding of what it means to "leave to Thy God."

During times of uncertainty, despair, and unknown, I find myself frequently taking to prayer and pondering. This is where I've been this week, which I'm sure you know if you've been keeping up with my blog. 

I've reached the point where I am getting physically exhausted from pondering and praying about the same circumstance over and over again. Then the sweet answer of "Leave to thy God to order and provide" came to provide sweet relief. 

I've come to realize that, as long as we are putting forth our best effort, and seeking righteous things, The Lord will provide what we need. It may not come in ways that we expect, but it's always what we need.

This last week, I was watching a show and in it the character said "Preparation can only take you so far, and then you have to take a few leaps of Faith." 

This is the "leaving to thy God" process. After we exhaust ourselves in preparation, we reach a point where we just have to take those leaps of Faith and trust that God will provide. 

There's great comfort in knowing that He always does. 

No comments:

Post a Comment