Sunday, June 15, 2014

Time To Blossom

This past week, I had the amazing opportunity to be a counselor for a Young Women's Conference called,
 "Time to Blossom."
Basically it is a conference for young women filled with fun, classes, teaching the girls who they truly are, and helping them develop confidence in themselves. 
For me this week was:
Fun
Exhausting 
amazing 
a party
Life Changing 

Here's a little back story: I had no idea what Time to Blossom was. My roommate was in charge of hiring counselors for it and asked if I would do it. I did not have anything going on, so I decided it would be good for me to do. We had a morning of training that helped me catch a glimpse of what the week would entail, but I was still unsure of what to expect. To be honest, I was a little nervous. I knew I would be in charge of teenage girls, and I was worried that they wouldn't like me. Little did I know, being a counselor was exactly what I needed in my life. 

Yes, the conference was geared toward young women. 
However, as I attended the classes and workshops, I was able to receive guidance that I didn't even know I needed. 

As I was sitting, listening to one of the speakers on Tuesday, I was reminded of a talk I once heard by Brad Wilcox, In this talk, he mentions how young women grow up knowing who they are, as daughters of God, and then they graduate and often forget. 
I feel like that is where I have been lately: in a state of forgetting who I am and what potential I have. 

Being a part of this conference help remind me that I am a Daughter of God, and with that I have infinite potential. It helped provide a vision of my life: who I am and what I want out of life. And it helped remind me that I am able to accomplish any righteous desire that I set my mind on. 
Being a Young Single Adult is hard. IT is hard to be sure that you are doing what is right, and even harder to drown out all the voices that try to tell you who you are. 
I'm so grateful for the reminders I was able to receive during the week to help empower me to keep going and be refocused. 
Here are some of the highlights from the week:
 The best group ever! Love these cute girls!
 Making a necklace for a craft
 Workshops
 Team Building 
 Getting rid of our negative thoughts 
 Having a counselor devotional with Elaine Dalton! 
I feel like she spoke directly to me and answered my prayers. 
 Meeting Elaine Dalton! I love this lady! 
 Did I mention I had the best group ever?
 Like, seriously! 
Lots of fun and games. 

I feel truly blessed to have had the opportunity to work with such amazing young women this week. Their examples of love and kindness, and their strong testimonies helped change my life. 

I am excited for the new found strength and guidance in my life. Things are gonna be good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment