Monday, November 4, 2013

{Highgroves Ward}

Today I am thankful for the Highgroves YSA ward. 

Just over a month ago, I moved to a new house, which meant a new ward. 
As much as I was excited for this change, I was also extremely nervous. 
I was going to a ward where I knew NO ONE! 
I didn't really know my roommates when I moved in either. 
For one who is painfully shy, this presented a challenge and great anxiety for me. 
But, I knew this is where I am supposed to be and that was able to bring peace. 

After being in the ward for about a month, I have been able to see this is exactly where I need to be. 
So many people have reached out to me.
I've been able to make so many friends. 
Most importantly, I've been able to be myself and just feel so comfortable. 

I am so thankful for the people I have met this far, and the people I will continue to meet. 
I am thankful to have friends that are excited to hang out and have fun together! 
I've felt so welcomed and loved that I have been able to be less shy in my ward. 
This has been a wonderful blessing!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, that is my old singles ward! I LOVED that ward! Who are your roommates?!?

    ReplyDelete