Saturday, June 8, 2013

{Healthy Life, Happy Life}

A few weeks ago, my roommate and I decided up to sign up for an 8 week fitness/health challenge that 
one of my friends was putting together. 
In a nutshell, there are 11 pairs competing against each other to live a healthier life. 
Each person had to pay a set amount and, at the end of 8 weeks, 
the top three teams with the most points get money.

I felt that this would be a good motivator for me to kick it in gear and get a little healthier. 
I will be honest, all I was focused on was trying my best to win and to win the money.
Probably not the best motive, but I had to do good things to get there, right?

Now, after doing the challenge for three weeks, I can honestly say my new goal is to do my best to be healthier. It's been fun to see the switch over these past few weeks from being set on winning the money, to 
being focused on just feeling good about myself. 

This is the first time in my life I have actually been excited about eating healthier 
and being committed to exercising. 
I feel that one of the greatest blessings is not craving junk and sweets.
I have been able to replace junky snacks with healthier choices. 

Here are some of my new favorite treats:
~Greek Yogurt covered frozen blueberries (these are my favorite after I work out or in the morning)
~Frozen grapes
~Spinach, artichoke, tomato, feta pizza
~Banana, Peanut butter, oatmeal smoothie
~Oven Roasted veggies 
~Turkey Meatballs

I am thankful for the decision I made to start this health challenge! 
I Seriously have never felt better or happier in my life. 

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Stephanie! I was doing so well being on a healthy kick and then the second semester of my master's program started and that did me in! lol. The department head over my program even told our class that we wouldn't be good student's if we didn't gain 50 pounds in this program -- lol.
    Anyways, i am going to make a request for you to share your smoothie recipe! I want to get into shakes and healthy smoothies but don't know how to start. :)

    ReplyDelete