Sunday, February 12, 2012

Mormon Tabernacle Choir!

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!

(I know it is late...and I should be sleeping, but I am just in awe, if you couldn't tell, and had to share it with everyone!)

Tonight I was blessed with the opportunity to attend the Mormon Tabernacle Choir concert in Phoenix!
Really, all I can say is WOW!

A few days ago, I was at the institute and this man showed up and told our institute director that he had tickets to the MoTab concert that he would like to donate to the students of the institute. 
I am thankful for this man's generosity and the blessing I had to go! 
Yes, I have heard them perform on TV during conference, 
and yes, I have some of their CD's, 
but hearing them live was one of the most exciting things of my week! 
The choir and orchestra are filled with such great talent, and surprising enough, they know how to have an entertaining concert! 
For a few songs they had singer, Alex Boye (If you don't know who he is, repent and look him up!), sing some solos and dance, there was an amazing organ solo, during one song the choir swayed back and forth and did these fun claps, they sang show tunes...the list goes on and on! It was great!
Perhaps this was on of my favorite moments:

Notice anything different about this picture? 
Oh yeah, there's a woman directing the choir instead of the usual guys.
But it's not just any woman....it's Sandra Day O'Connor!
I was in shock when they announced she would be the guest conductor for one of the songs! 
It was incredible! 

I am so thankful for this opportunity!
This is only the second time the Tabernacle Choir has sung in Arizona, and I am glad I was there for it!
There is great power in music and I am glad I was able to witness that tonight! 
Oh how I love the Mormon Tabernacle Choir! 

1 comment:

  1. Last night's concert was AWESOME! Glad you enjoyed it too! Any chance you'd email me your pic of the choir with Justice O'Connor? I'm an alto in the choir and was just as awestruck with our guest as you! Steph

    ReplyDelete