Sunday, February 5, 2012

A Carefree Weekend!


I am only a month into school and it is already kicking my butt! 
I am trying my hardest to stay on top of everything, and I am surprising myself with how well I am managing my time. However, by the time the weekend rolls around, I am beat and school is the last thing I want to think about. Unfortunately, my weekend is often filled with a lot of studying and homework. 
Thank goodness this next week is going to be pretty laid back assignment wise, so I was able to have a "Carefree" weekend!
And it was just what I needed!

My mom has had some family in town from Pennsylvania, so we decided to leave our worries behind and take a day trip with them on Friday to the cute little town of Carefree. 
My aunt and cousin went with us as well! 
It was perfect to jump on the Carefree Highway and enjoy a day trip with the girls on Easy Street (Isn't it fitting that in the town of Carefree there is an Easy street?!) 
We spent the day browsing through shops that were way over priced, but filled with fascinating things. 
We also enjoyed lunch at this cute Mexican restaurant that had a pond with ducks in the middle of it!
What could be better than enjoying Mexican food while watching baby ducks?!
It was a perfect day trip!

Saturday night was a night with the roommate. 
You would think if you live with someone you spend time with them, right?
Well, that is not the case in our house. 
I hardly see one of my roommates because our schedules are so different and by the time she gets home, I am usually asleep. 
(Let's face it! I have a grandma sleeping schedule!)
So since we were both finally home for once, we decided to have a fun night. 
We started off at a wedding reception for one of my dear friends from high school.
Then headed to Charley's for dinner, which was followed by a trip to Wal-Mart to get some ice cream (it's definitely essential for a girls night!)
We actually spent a lot of time at Wal-Mart running into people we know and finding fun things. 
This was probably our best purchase:

Matching Valentine's Day pajamas! 
I am kind of a sucker for pajama pants and thought these were adorable!
Of course we had to take some pictures and our third roommate decided we needed them with the V-Day decorations! 
We will probably be known as the crazy girls who takes pictures outside in their pj's at 10 pm, but who cares?!
It was a blast. 
After all the fun, we attempted to craft and watch a movie, but we were all drained and ready for bed long before the movie was over!

It was such a fabulous weekend! 
Every once in a while I need a couple days of pure fun and silliness and just to be carefree!
This weekend definitely satisfied that need and helped me be re-energized for this coming week!
Hope you all had a fabulous weekend as well!  


No comments:

Post a Comment