Thursday, December 1, 2011

December Already?!

I can't believe it is already December!
Time has been flying by so quickly, but I am enjoying it! 
And what a better way to start December than with a cold, cloudy, and rainy day! 
I was quite excited to wear my boots, a pea-coat, and scarf to school today! 
Yep, I love cold winter days! 

Anyway, I cannot believe that Thanksgiving has already come and gone! 
I spent the night before Thanksgiving at my mom's house, so I could be there first thing in the morning. 
It was a good day to spend with family. 
This year was a little different because it was A LOT smaller than it normally is. 
That helped to make it a little more low key dinner and day, but I still feel like two many people were missing! 
I spent the day helping my mom get things ready, eating (of course), and the afternoon at the movies with two of my brothers. 
I love Thanksgiving and taking the time to remember my many blessings! 
I truly am blessed, even when I often times let myself forget it, and I am grateful for my many blessings!

The next day I spent some time Black Friday shopping and enjoyed a nice breakfast with my 3 of my 4 brothers! 
That was a fun time filled with tons of laughter! I love my brothers!

The rest of the weekend was spent CRAFTING!! YAY! 
We have a tradition at my mom's house that Christmas decorations go up the day after Thanksgiving. 
Well, living with roommates and not having Christmas decorations, we had to make this work in our own way...by making our own! 
It started with a center piece for the table....
Which got my creative juices flowing, and resulted in a wreath for our front door!

I am quite pleased with the results of this project! 

Thanks to Pinterest and spending the day with one of my best friends, I also got to experiment with new type of craft....

CRAYON ART!
This was so simple to do and I love how they turned out! 

Altogether it was a great weekend to enjoy Thanksgiving and start preparing for the Christmas season! 
I was also blessed to have a night enjoying the beautiful Christmas lights at the Mesa Temple. 
For more information about this wonderful display and performances held there, go here
It is one of my favorite things about this time of the year! 

I am grateful for the next few weeks to truly prepare for Christmas! 
It is truly the most wonderful time of the year and brings the sweetest Spirit every day! 
I LOVE it! 
Here is a sweet picture I came across today that helps remind me of the true reason for the season! 

No comments:

Post a Comment