Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Today has been a very reflective day!
A year ago, today, I was faced with a very difficult situation, which left me a tough decision to make. 
I have spent many times reflecting on this situation and decision. 
Was it tough? Absolutely, but it was for the best!
As I was thinking about that this morning, I was reminded of a quote from Elder Robert D. Hales.
He said:
"Whenever we use our agency, we are either choosing to move toward a new door with many possibilities or into a closed corner, with very few options. If we do what is right, our opportunities increase. If we don't, our opportunities decrease. You, my friends, are in the critical period I call the decade of decisions. You must make many choices regarding education, employment, temple, missions, friends, dating, marriage, serving in the Church, and your family. As you choose, are your options and possibilities growing? Are you making the right choices? Is your future becoming brighter each day or are the lights dimming? I caution all of us to avoid looking to the great and spacious building for answers to our questions about our future pursuits, our companions, and our lifestyles. Instead, let us kneel and talk with our Heavenly Father, learn about our gifts and talents, find ways to develop them, make choices based on who we are and what we have been given, come to an understanding of what we are to accomplish here in mortality, and make choices to bring about it." 

I am so thankful for the gift of agency in my life! I am thankful for the opportunities I have on a daily basis to make decisions, even when it is hard!
I also love the reminder that this quote brings. I had a seminary teacher who would always say, "Saying yes to one thing means saying no to another."
I am thankful for the doors that open and learning experiences that come from making right decisions!

No comments:

Post a Comment