Sunday, August 28, 2011

My Kindness Shall Not Depart From Thee

This week, I have had the opportunity to have many uplifting chats with my roommate. 
It has been so wonderful, and has instill this desire in me to download more talks and devotionals to my ipod. 
As I was looking through different talks, I came across this CES fireside by Jeffrey R. Holland entitled, "Lessons From Liberty Jail."
I was really excited because:
A) It is an amazing talk.
B) I love Jeffrey R. Holland, and, 
C) I had the opportunity to attend this fireside live when I was a senior in high school. That was an amazing experience and since then that talk has been kind of dear to me. 

It is a really uplifting talk about Joseph Smith's experience in Liberty Jail and talks about things we can learn from that experience and relate to our lives as we face our own times of "Liberty Jail." 
Without giving away too much from it (You need to read it), here are two quotes from it that I really love:

"You can have sacred, revelatory, profoundly instructive experience with the Lord in the most miserable experiences of your life- in the worst settings, while enduring the most painful injustices, when facing the most insurmountable odds and opposition you have ever faced."

"Whenever these moments of our extremity come, we must not succumb to the fear that God has abandoned us or that He does not hear our prayers. He does hear us. He does see us. He does love us."

In short, this fireside is AMAZING! 
Read it (or listen to it) and love it! 
And after you are done listen to the song, "My Kindness Shall Not Depart From Thee." 
It was sung after Elder Holland's talk and testifies of the message he shared. 
It is a beautiful song and has helped me overcome hard times!

I am so glad I was able to be reminded of this talk and song this weekend. 
I am thankful for the lessons we are able to learn from Joseph Smith. 
I am also thankful for the knowledge that we are never alone. 
Heavenly Father will never depart from us, even in our most difficult hours. 
He is there and He loves us. 
I have experienced that peace in my life many times, and hope you can do the same. 
It truly is incredible!

No comments:

Post a Comment