"The hardest battle you will ever fight is to just be you."
~Leo Buscaglia (Look him up! He is AWESOME!)
This quote has been on my mind a lot lately since I heard it in my class last week.
I think it is absolutely true!
We live in a society that tempts us to be someone else.
We have images thrown at us of others that have the "trends" that we should follow.
We are constantly told we have to have the latest technology or the nicest things if we want to fit in or be liked!
Truth is, it is hard sometimes!
I have been thinking about this a lot this last week, and have asked myself, "Who am I? and What makes me me?"
So in honor of these things I have been thinking about, and turning 20 this week, I thought it would be fun to make a list of 20 things that make me me!
So, here they are (Not in any specific order):
1) I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
2) I am a Daughter of God
3) I love anything hot pink, zebra, or silver sparkly
4) I love making things- especially things I can display around the house or wear
5) I am Family and Human Development Major and LOVE it- even though I am a bad student
6) I love children! I love the opportunity I have to spend with them at the Child Crisis Center
7) I love all types of music, but I am partial to country and Colbie Caillat, and jamming out to them in my car
8) I love doing hair, but only mine!
9) The temple is my favorite place on the Earth! I just love sitting on temple grounds!
10) Laughing is my favorite! I love laughing so hard, I cry!
11) I love spend time in the kitchen cooking and baking, especially desserts!
12) I am a sucker for a sweet love story or song
13) I LOVE Mexican food! I can eat it EVERYDAY!
14) I love every holiday and making crafts and decorating for them!
15) I am a strong believer that birthdays should be a week long celebration!
16) I am pretty shy...until you really get to know me, and then I am a little on the crazy side
17) People amuse me! I just love watching people and how they interact
18) I am a Target, Down East Basics, and Hobby Lobby junkie!
19) I like to be organized in my own way! Yes, my closet and jewelry box arranged by color.
20) Call me a grandma, but I love sleep! Sometimes, it just feels good to be in bed by 9!
I am SO thankful to be me!
I know no one else can be me, and I love that!
We are all unique for a reason!
Just embrace that fact and let it enrich your life!
JUST BE YOU!