Monday, April 25, 2011

Fun Festivities!

Well, I am officially 20! It's kind of weird, but pretty exciting at the same time! 
I love celebrating birthdays! 
Whether it be my birthday, or someone else's, I just think they are a blast!
So, of course, I lived up celebrating my birthday!
I believe in week long celebrations! (That is something I am going to implement when I have my own family!)
Nothing too crazy, just a little birthday something everyday, so that's what I did...kind of!

It started a week before my birthday, my friend and I got pedicures!
It wasn't planned to be part of the festivities, but it was just perfect timing so I included it!
I LOVE pedicures, so it was a fun treat!

Then, the Tuesday following that, a few of us went out to lunch to Matta's!
We had cancelled class, so it worked out perfectly!
The waitress even over heard that it was my birthday that week so she brought out a dessert with a candle in it, and sang happy birthday!

Then Wednesday was my birthday celebration at work.
I took the rest of the week off of work, so they celebrated on Wednesday!
One of my co-workers brought in a yummy cake that we snacked on through out the day!
It was fun!

Thursday was my birthday celebration with my brother and sister-in-law and a shopping day for myself!
I love church clothes, so I have made it a tradition to buy a new church outfit to wear the Sunday closest to my birthday! 
Of course, they are always from Down East Basics!
Then that night, my bother and sister-in-law bought me In-N-Out Burger for dinner!
SO delicious!

Friday I spent the day at my grandma's learning how to sew! 
I am working on sewing a purse, which is a lot more work than I thought, but I am having a blast doing it!
Then that night, my friend had a dinner party for me!
It was so fun, and pretty much the fanciest birthday party I've ever had!







When I saw the set up, I felt like I was at a wedding reception! 
But it was so fun.
We enjoyed a nice dinner and just talked and played games!
Thanks for everyone who came and who helped with that!

Then Saturday was my actual birthday!
I had the best birthday present that morning....
I was able to attend a women's conference my stake was hosting!
It was a musical program called, "Women at the Well," and it was AMAZING!
They went through different Bible stories about women and their encounters with Christ!
It was just very uplifting and the perfect way to lead into the Easter season!
The rest of the day was spent running errands and doing stuff with my siblings!
We have this random tradition of all of us going to Krispy Kreme to get free doughnuts, and then going to Petsmart. I'm not sure why we do, but we have fun doing it!

Then, the festivities continued with Easter being on Sunday!
I LOVE Easter!
It is a wonderful holiday! 
I loved being in the choir and singing songs about Christ at church, and for the opportunity I had to give a talk! 
It was an incredible day!
I also loved spending more time with my family, especially my brothers!
That night, I had some one on one time with my youngest brother, and we enjoyed playing games together and watching a movie!
It really was a special day!!

I'm thankful for the fun festivities of last week! 
They definitely made for a good birthday and Easter weekend!
A big thanks to all who contributed to making my birthday great!

No comments:

Post a Comment