Wednesday, April 27, 2011

"Without goals, and plans to reach them, you are like a ship that has set sail with no destination."
~Fitzhugh Dodson

I am one who loves setting goals!
I like to make lists of goals that I have!
They can be anywhere from a list of goals that I want to accomplish in my life, in the next few years, in the next few months, or even just goals for the day. 
I really just love setting goals!
One of my big problems with goal setting though, is I don't create a plan to go with the goals, resulting in a lot of unfinished goals.
That is something I definitely need to do better in. 

I have been thinking about that a lot today as I was reading over a short list of goals I wanted to accomplish before my birthday. 
I am sad to say, that out of the 5 or 6 goals I had set, I really only accomplished about 2 or 3 of them, because I didn't have a plan of action for them.
However, I am quite pleased that I didn't give up on one of the goals and accomplished it today, only 4 days after that time frame I had set (Better late than never right?)!
That goal was to finish the Book of Mormon!

I am so thankful for the Book of Mormon in my life!
I love having the opportunity to read and study it over and over again!
I am thankful for the many things I can learn and the peace that I feel in doing so. 
This last time, I made it a focus to look for references to Christ, which is on almost every page.
It helped strengthen my testimony that the Book of Mormon truly testifies of Christ!
We can come to know Him better through studying it!
I know that every thing written in it is true!
You can know that as well, as you study and sincerely pray about it!
It is so awesome that those simple tasks can make a world of difference in our lives. 
I know that if you are struggling, are faced with hardships, or are just seeking peace, the Book of Mormon will provide the peace to help you through! 
It truly is incredible and I am so thankful to have it in my life!






No comments:

Post a Comment