Saturday, March 19, 2011

Thanks For The Memories!

This week has been a trip down memory lane for me!
It has been quite fun, actually!
It all started Tuesday night....I was at the drive-in's with a group of friends! 
We were sitting outside the cars on camping chairs, under the stars, enjoying some good movies, and just having fun!
For some reason, that night reminded me about one of my favorite dates I went on in high school!
A group of us went out into the desert, set up a TV, with a generator, set up some camping chairs, and enjoyed a movie under the stars! It was so fun!
After the drive-in, I decided to pull out my old journal and read about that date. 
Well, I ended up reading my whole journal from high school!
I laughed, I cried, and I just smiled to myself while reflecting back on those events!
Do I miss high school days?
Not so much!
 But I do miss the fact that my most of my close friends from high school are spread out everywhere on missions!
Needless to say, it was so much fun to read through those times and remember (I LOVE this word in case you didn't know!) those crazy times in my life!
But, it doesn't stop there!
This week I was able to be in contact with my best friend from high school!
It was so fun to chat this week, and then hang out tonight! 
We reminisced about some of the old times and just laughed at how crazy we were! 
It's so fun to think back to the girls we were 5 years ago when we first met, to who we are now!
I am definitely thankful for the experiences in my life that have shaped me into who I am and that have shaped our friendship!
Also, earlier today, I randomly ran into a friend of mine who used to eat lunch with me everyday in high school. 
He was working at a store that I never go to, but randomly went to today!
It was just interesting that that happened today, after all the other trips I had down memory lane this week!
What fun times! 
Sometimes, it is fun to just stop and remember things, and just smile at the memories!

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened!"

No comments:

Post a Comment