Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Old People Conversations

If you were to ask me what my favorite part of a singles ward is what would I say?
Definitely the branch presidency...and their wives, aka the "old people."
Most in particular, the presidency wives!
They are all so awesome and I just love them!
One that I have become particularly close with is Sister Riggs.
Let me just tell you, if you don't know her, you are missing out!
This week, I had two of the most hysterical conversations with her ever!
We call them talking about "old people" things.
These such things include falling, operations, memory, and hearing.

Only with Sister Riggs can Colonoscopy operations be talked about in the church building in an appropriate with many laughs. 
Only Sister Riggs laughs hysterically at the phrase "Have a nice trip, see you next fall" and have it written down so she can remember it.
And only with Sister Riggs do you get some of the best quotes like, "I haven't laughed this hard in 16 years....I married my husband 16 years ago."

Needless to say, I love these "old people" conversations that we have. 
I haven't laughed so hard in ages, and I needed it!
I am thankful for the married "old" people in our singles branch!
Life in the singles ward wouldn't be the same without them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment