Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Power of Visiting Teaching

I absolutely LOVE Relief Society!
A lot of that love came from serving in the Presidency and learning more about the Relief Society organization through that calling. 
I also have a strong love for the visiting teaching program! 
And I have been thinking about that a lot this week!
I went visiting teaching on Sunday, and I have one of the most amazing visiting teaching companions ever!
Seriously, on Sunday she told me she quit her job and started her own business so she can go to church more. 
That is amazing to me and such a great example of faith!
I also love the girls I teach, and how they help me in return!
Today I was in class and got a text from a sister I visit teach that just said: 
"I hope you have a wonderful day! Remember to smile!"
It was such a kind act that had an impact on the rest of my day. 
It hit me that visiting teaching works both ways-
we uplift the sisters we visit, and they uplift us!
I am so thankful to be a part of the Relief Society organization!
It is a huge blessing in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment