Saturday, October 23, 2010

Six More Months!


Today is my "half birthday" if you will!
My birthday is in six months from today! 
I usually don't think of that too much....expect these are my last 6 months of being in my teen years!
Legally, I have already been an adult since I was 18; however, age wise I still have "teen" tacked on to my age!
Well in sixth months I turn 20!
Good bye teen years for me! 
I know it really isn't that big of a deal, but it was just something I was thinking about this week!
My teen years have been full of many experiences!
Many of them were wonderful....many of them I wish I could have skipped over!
But they all helped shape me into who I am today, and for that I am so grateful! 

One of the greatest lessons I have learned can be summed up with a quote I heard in institute on Thursday. 
It was from a video of Joseph and Emma Smith. 
They were experiencing a hard time and Emma said to Joseph, 

"Sometimes you know things with your heart that you don't know with your head." 

This quote pretty much summed up a lot of different experiences in my life, and was counsel I needed to hear!
I love it!
It really put into reality to me the idea of following your heart!
I love it!

Anyway, I am looking forward to these next 6 months!
My last "teen" months if you will!
I love life!
I am excited for the experiences that await me in the future, as I start getting old! (Just Kidding! 20 is NOT old! I just feel old a lot of times!)
I am excited for this climb of life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment