Friday, October 8, 2010

Friday Family Fun!

Today was kind of an interesting day. 
Work was not the greatest, and I didn't get much sleep last night, so by the end of the day I was just ready to go home and relax. 
It turned into those nights where I didn't want to do anything, except put on my pj's and veg. 
So my little brothers and I decided we would watch a movie together. 
We turned on "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" because Colton loves this movie! 

If you haven't seen it, it is a cheesy cartoon movie, but it teaches so many valuable lessons if you overlook the cheesiness. 
(I have mentioned it before and you can read about that here if you are interested).
Anyway, I am really glad that Colton decided to watch this movie, it was exactly what I needed tonight. 
I found myself relating to the main character, Flint, in more ways than I thought were possible. 

I also picked out so many good quotes that I have never noticed before. 

In the beginning of the movie, Flint says, "Have you ever felt like you were a bit different? Like you had some unique to offer the world, if you could just get people to see it. Then you knew exactly how it felt to be me."
This pretty much described how I was feeling tonight as I was watching the movie. I was feeling in a "Flint" mood and just was kind of feeling out of place in different aspects of my life. 

Not too long after, Flint says, "Life became gray and flavorless. But when all seemed lost, I stared into defeat and found hope."
That line was a very powerful line to me and was just the reminder I needed! 
There is always hope when we feel like there is none.
I had to take a second to read over the tender mercies that I have had this week. 
That really helped remind me that although some things in life are hard and leave me feel defeated, I can look at the defeat and find hope! 
I am so thankful for that reminder....and for such a silly movie to remind me of that!

I really enjoyed the time I had with my younger brothers to watch that movie. 
Aside from the reminders I got, we had a great time laughing together and pointing out the funny quotes of the movie! 
It was definitely the perfect way to end a crazy day!
Sometimes all it takes is pj's, a comfy couch, a cheesy movie, and some good lessons! 
I am definitely grateful for cheesy children's movies, and the lessons they teach!

No comments:

Post a Comment