Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Season of Change!


This is my the start of my favorite time of the year! 
Well....pretty much I love October 1st to the end of May!
It is just a fun time with the holidays, and although we don't see it much in Arizona, I love the season changes. 
I feel like as the seasons have been changing from summer to fall, 
a lot has been changing in my life too. 
You can read about those changes in my previous posts. 

Today, more changes occurred!
I was released from my calling in the Relief Society Presidency and called to be a teacher. One thing I have learned when it comes to callings is never say you love them. 
As soon as you do, you can almost bet you will be released!
At least that has been my experience with being a branch missionary and now with this calling. 
However, I am excited for my new calling....once I get over the nerves.
It has been interesting to see the Lord' hand in my callings as well.
I learned so much from serving in the presidency.
I come to have a greater love for the relief society program and the sisters in my branch! 
I have been blessed to see many instances where "Charity never faileth," as the theme suggests. 
I have also been blessed to have felt the love of Heavenly Father through the sweet sisters who have reached out to me when I needed it the most!
It was truly an incredible experience and reflecting on those experiences this past week and at church today has made me very emotional!
It was definitely a growing experience I needed to have. 

I have already seen the Lord's hand working with my new calling. 
I found out on Wednesday night that I would be getting released and was presented with this new calling. 
That night, I was in a bitter-sweet mood. 
I was sad to be released from a calling I love, but had peace in knowing that my new calling was from Heavenly Father. 
So that night, I decided I would read my patriarchal blessing. 
In it, it talks about teaching in the church and having an opportunity to teach.
As I read that, I just felt peace. 
I know Heavenly Father knows me!
I know all the changes that have been going on in my life are for my own growth!
Even though I don't understand them, I know they are part of a bigger plan, and one day I will look back and understand it all!
But for now...I am just going to enjoy the journey and this season of change!




"Become a student of change. It is the only thing that will remain constant."
~Anthony J. D'Angelo

No comments:

Post a Comment