Sunday, September 19, 2010

Letter To Me!

Last night I went to the Brad Paisley concert (I will do another post about that one with more details)!
Pretty much I am in love with a lot of Brad Paisley's songs. 
Most of them relate to life so well, and I love that!
So hearing him sing last night was amazing! 
The song, "Letter to Me," is one of my favorite ones by him recently. 
I have to be honest, when he sang it last night I got a little teary-eyed.

The lyrics really get me to think about things in my life. 
As I look back, there are many things I wish I could do different.
There are also many things I hated at the time, but looking back they were good learning experiences. 
 I think a lot of times I wish I could have a letter from myself in the future to know what is going to happen with my life.
Sometimes I wish I could know what things to expect and what things I need to do differently.
Of course life doesn't work that way.
Although sometimes I think it would be better just to know what is going to happen, I am actually glad I don't know.
I'm glad I have agency and can make choices and decide things. 
I am also glad that Heavenly Father knows what is going to happen in my life and as I trust in Him, I will be lead to the things that are right. 

My favorite part of the song is in the chorus. 
It says: 
"And oh you got so much going for you, going right. 
But I know at 17 is hard to see past Friday  night."

I love this reminder that each of has so much potential.
We all have a lot going for us, we just have to remember that through the not so good times of life. 
It is so easy for me to put my blinders on and forget.  
A lot of times, at 19 it's hard to see past "Friday night."
It's hard for me to realize that there is more than just today, this week, or even this month.
It's so easy to forget that I am a Daughter of God with infinite potential!
Even when things don't always go as planned, there's always tomorrow, or the next day!
Sometimes it takes a bit longer, but in the end it is always worth it!
"Have no fear these are nowhere near the best years of your life!"
That just amazes me and hit me hard last night as he sang this song!
I love this song and the reminder it gave me!
Maybe I just need to write a letter to myself to remind myself of these simple truths:
"You got so much going for you, going right."
"You've got so much up ahead."
"Have no fear, these are nowhere near the best years of your life."
"I wish you wouldn't worry, let it be."
"Have a little faith."




No comments:

Post a Comment