Sunday, April 18, 2010

Come, Ye Disconsolate

I have never heard this hymn sung in church, or heard at all, until I heard this arrangement. Now I love it. The message is so amazing and applies to each and every one of us. We all have those times when we feel sorrow and unhappiness, but we need to remember the truth that is taught in this song, "Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal." To me, this song is like our invitation to use the Atonement in our lives. As we do so, our disconsolate feelings will diminish and we will be blessed with happiness! The Atonement has the ability to help us make these amazing changes we need in our lives. It is just up to each of us to partake of it and exercise it's power in our lives!


1 comment:

  1. Yes, "Come, Ye Disconsolate" is a wonderful hymn. But here's a link to the most gorgeous rendition of it that I've ever heard:
    http://sethadamsmith.blogspot.com/2009/11/come-ye-disconsolate-carl-heinrich.html

    If you enjoy reading about our hymns and their authors, I invite you to check out my daily blog on the subject, Wordwise Hymns.

    ReplyDelete