Thursday, April 22, 2010

Another Year Older

So tomorrow is my 19th birthday!
It is kind of weird to think about as I look back on the events that have happened since my 18th birthday last year.
Everything that has happened has made me feel older than I really am, but at the same time I've had so many experiences that have "kept me young."
It is just a fun and exciting time in my life! 
One experience I had this week really hit me and made me realize that I am indeed getting older!
On Tuesday night I had the opportunity to speak at a youth fireside at my home ward.
The topic was on dating.
First of all, getting announced as a "guest speaker" in a ward that you were a youth in just merely a year ago is a little strange. As I stood up to speak and looked at so many of the youth I associated with when I was a youth, it felt so weird speaking to them. Although I have only been out of that ward just less than a year, so much has changed and happened, so it feels like much longer. It was also weird to see some children I used to babysit when I was younger in the youth program! I remember them as little children, so it is weird to see them at mutual! 
In addition, it was weird to me to speak about dating.
When I was preparing my talk, I thought back to when I first started dating and realized it has already been three years. That was a little crazy to think about as well.
I am excited though for my birthday!
My last year in my teenage years!
It is going to be another GREAT year and I am going to enjoy every moment of it, despite the ups and downs that may come along the way!
As Michael Buble says, "The Best is Yet to Come!"

Life just keeps getting better and better!
(And that comes with outlook, not circumstance!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment