Sunday, March 7, 2010

Friends!

So tonight I went to CES broadcast and it was AMAZING, like they usually are!
Elder Rasband, of the presidency of the 70, was the speaker.
He spoke about friends.....choosing good friends as well as being a good friend.
One thing he said from it was very intriguing and really stood out to me.
He said,
"True friendship built from the love of God and sharing that love with others."
 It got me to think about the friendships I have and have had and how blessed I am. 
I thought about experiences I've had when I was down and people have just stopped and talked to me, without even knowing that was what I needed.
I was also reminded of an experience I had in high school when I was going through a really rough time and a friend dropped off a plate of cookies and an uplifting quote without knowing it was the day I needed it most. 
I thought about the simple smile and "Hi how are you?" that can brighten any day! 
All of these experiences exemplified me true friendship.
To take that a step further, they are examples of the love of God.
People who have had that love and went out of their way to share it with me! 
What a blessing that is! 
I am so thankful for the friends I have in my life! 
They are all blessings in their own unique way and I couldn't ask for any better!

This broadcast also encouraged me to be a better friend.
Ironically, this is one of my new year's resolutions, so I am really grateful for that inspiration and motivation I needed to do better!

No comments:

Post a Comment