Tuesday, March 9, 2010

As winter FINALLY fades to spring....

Yay! It is almost my Favorite time of the year,
Spring!
It is just a happy time of the year! The plants are always so vibrant....
especially after all the rain! I get a break from school next week,
conference and Easter are coming up, then my birthday, 
then school will be out for the semester! 
Ah! It is just a glorious time! 

Well, as seasons are starting to change a lot has been changing in my life too!
And just like the season changes, I feel they are a lot of positive and exciting changes.

  • First of all, I changed my hair......again! I decided to add highlights to my hair again, like I have done in the past! To be honest, at first, I was a little nervous when I first saw my hair so light, but now I love it! It just creates a new, fun look for me and is just what I needed! (I haven't taken any decent pictures of it yet to put on here!)
  • Next, I've noticed a change in who I am as a person. This is a little too personal to sit here and blog about, but in short I feel like a lot of good has come out of it. I'm realizing a lot that I still need to improve on too and I am excited to work on those things and make those changes in my life.
  • Lastly, is a change I am very excited/nervous about! I am in the process of changing my major! I loved my last two semesters of doing generals and some education classes, but I've realized at the same time that education is not for me. I realized that I am not really that great of a teacher and that teaching just doesn't really interest me anymore. This semester I also started a minor in family and human development, and after doing a lot of pondering these last few weeks I've decided that I'm going to change my minor to family and human development. Those classes interest me and get me excited about learning. This semester I have really developed a love for it! So I decided it's time to make that change. In the beginning of high school, I looked into becoming a social worker, and recently that's what I want to do! It's not your everyday job that people want to do because, truth is, it will be heartbreaking to work with some of the situations I will have to work with. However, it is those situations that make me want to be a social worker. I've always wanted to work with kids, but at the same time I want to do something where I can make a difference. This seems to be the winning career and I am excited for it! So that's what caused that change
                  *Here's a song that I've been thinking about a lot lately in regards to choosing a career and    
                         major. The words describe perfectly my thoughts about what I want in a career. 





    So those are just a few of the fun changes that have been going on in my life! I'm definitely loving them and am excited for 
    Spring

    *Finding joy in the journey through the little things:
    Today has been full of little moments that just made me stop and smile. I am going to look for them everyday because it definitely makes a difference in the day! Here are just a few of these simple moments:
    • Talking to an institute teacher about Africa and my zebra jacket.
    • Talking and laughing with my institute teacher to start off the day.
    • Receiving compliments from people I rarely talk to.
    • Running into a guy I've only talked to once before a while ago, and him taking the time to stop and ask how I am doing.
    • Laughing at myself for being completely soaked and miserable from the rain.
    • Morning chat and school ride with my brother
    • Lessons in institute
    • Deciding what I want to do with my life!


    These are just a few moments from the day that just made me stop and realize how blessed I am! 
    They definitely make me grateful for my life and serve as a reminder of blessings in my life.

    Sometimes it's just the little moments that make the difference and bring the most joy!




      No comments:

      Post a Comment