Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Tis the Season!

HAPPY DECEMBER! Christmas is approaching rapidly and it is now officially starting to feel like the Christmas season! 


First of all, our house is decorated, which is one of my favorite parts of Christmas! It's so fun to pull out the decorations! Many of them bring back memories or are just simply traditions, but either way it is so fun to look at the decorations everyday and be reminded that Christmas is approaching! Here are a few pictures of some of my favorite decorations we have around the house (we mostly decorate the inside and just put a few things outside): 


The tree of course! It is always so fun to look at the ornaments and remember where they are from! We have baby ornament for each person in my family. We also  have many ornaments that we made when we were younger....my favorite is from when I was 4 and in preschool. I tried writing my name on it and it definitely turned out interesting, but makes for a good memory!


The stockings! I've had my little puppy stocking for as long as I can remember. It is small and old, but once again it is one of my Christmas memories! I love my stocking (it's the one in the middle)!




My most favorite decorations are my mom's snowmen that sit on our counter. This little collection happened on accident. Every year she would get at least one as a gift or she would buy one. We added those with ones we had that we made and it turned into a nice little collection. It is so cute to look out everyday and I was so excited for my mom to take it out. I love it! 


And of course, Christmas decorations wouldn't be complete with out the nativities. These are also things that we have collected over the years. So we have a nice little display. I love seeing these when I am leaving my house everyday and being reminded of the true meaning of Christmas. I love the reminder of Christ and the importance of His life. 


These are just a few of my favorite things that have been set up around my house these past couple of days. We are still in the process of decorating, but I made sure we got out all of the important things first. I love Christmas decorations! 


Another event that has really put me in the Christmas mood is our FHE activity that we did last night. We got in groups and decorated gingerbread houses while listening to Christmas music. It is one of my favorite things to do around Christmas time and it was so fun to do with the amazing people in my branch. I must say, our house turned out pretty snazzy and I am quite impressed. Here are a few pictures of our group with our AMAZING house! 


It is a little hard to see, but there is an amazing wreath made out of green gummy candy on the front!
Uhh...no comment!


This is our amazingly fun group! And our amazing house! It was definitely a fun fun time! 


The last major thing that has really put me in the Christmas spirit the last couple of days is the service I have received. As I mentioned in my last post, my car battery was dead. Well, last night my branch president and his family kindly came over to fix it for me. It turned out some wires needed some work on them too, but they did it all for me with no complaints and now my car is driving beautifully. It just set a wonderful example to me to start off the Christmas season, as that is one of my favorite things about this time of the year- It is so service oriented and about doing for others. This kind act of service has inspired me to look for more opportunities to serve others from now until Christmas....and even after. I love the joy that comes from serving others and by receiving service from others as well! It is what makes Christmas Christmas and brings the true spirit of Christmas. I love it! 


Happy Christmas Season! Tis the season to be jolly!! 



2 comments:

  1. What the heck? I left a comment a few days ago and it is missing! Ahhh!!!!

    Pretty much I said that I love this post and I love Christmas! But mostly I love the pics from gingerbread house night. You should send them to me: aholbrook at cox dot net

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are sooo cute!! I didn't know you had a blog! :]] I miss you!!

    ReplyDelete