Monday, December 9, 2013

Color in Motion

Once upon a time, at the beginning of 2012, I set a goal to run a 5k
  (at least participate in an organized 5k run).
Well through out the year, I would go through spurts of consistent running, but it never lasted long. 
Certainly never long enough to participate in a 5k. 
Finally, in September I received an e-mail for a discounted price for a 5k. 
I decided it was finally time! 
With the help of my brother (and the couch to 5k app), I finally got in a consistent running schedule. 
I was really enjoying running and looked forward to going on my runs! 

Finally, this last weekend I reached my goal and participated in the Color in Motion 5k. 

IT. Was. AWESOME! 
I may not have ran the whole 5k, but it was still just amazing an amazing event to participate in. 
And the adrenaline of everything going on was enough to allow me to run more than I thought I could. 
It definitely was one of the most fun events I have been to! 
So fun, that I am signed up to do another one in January! 

One of the coolest things of the day was that my mom did the 5k with me. 
Last minute my brother wasn't able to participate with me, as planned, so my mom stepped in to take his spot. 
My mom does not run, but it was still fun to run for a while and then run back to my mom and walk with her. 
She is definitely a rockstar for stepping in at the last minute (even when she wasn't too thrilled about the color being thrown at her) to do this with me! 
I am glad I am able to share this fun memory with her! 


 I am glad I set this goal in 2012 and was able to complete it before the year ended! 
I am excited for my next 5k and for setting some more goals for the next year! 

1 comment:

  1. good for you! I want to do one of these color runs and just need to get off my lazy behind and do it! Love the tutu!

    ReplyDelete