Sunday, May 5, 2013

{Last Year} and {Today}

{Last Year} I graduated from ASU with a Bachelor's in Family and Human Development. 
{Today} I am working on my Master's in Early Childhood Education. 

{Last Year} I was wrestling with the idea of whether or not I should serve a mission. 
{Today} I am able to see that the decision to stay here was the best one for me and the wrestle I had in making that decision taught me many invaluable lessons. 

{Last Year} I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life. 
{Today} I know I want to teach, get married, and be a mother. 

{Last Year} I had no idea how I was going to support myself financially. 
{Today} I have this whole next year planned out, and ideas for years following. 

{Last Year} I still let hardships from my past affect the decisions I make.
{Today} I have learned how to choose faith, instead of fears, to make choices. 

{Last Year} I was simply enduring life.
{Today} I am continually finding joy in the journey. 

{Today} I am thankful for the past experiences shaping who I am and leading me to a bright future ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment