Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Trip to the South!

This last week I had a week off of work for fall break (perks of working at an elementary school!)
So, I decided I would visit Kenny and Sarah (my brother and sister-in-law) and my sweet niece in Mississippi. 
They moved there last year and I have never been able to go visit. Luckily, I was able to find a decent priced  plane ticket and had a chunk of time to spend there! 
The trip was a blast and I am in LOVE with the South!! 
Our week was spent: sight seeing (I love looking at old houses and churches), visiting an African American Military Museum, going to the zoo, visiting Sarah's preschool class, trying out Southern food (anything BBQed or fried...I tried fried pickles and am surprised that they are pretty tasty), going to the beach, visiting New Orleans (I LOVE this place and would LOVE to go back), playing Wii, and of course playing with my sweet niece! 
Here are some pictures from the week:


 Baby E loved the museum! This was her face pretty much the whole time! 

 Walking at the zoo! 

 University of Southern Mississippi Administration Building 

 Baby E loved her little "babies" from Grandma! 
 Fun in Ocean Springs, Mississippi
 Playing at the beach! 
 I LOVED this view of the Pier with the sun! 
 I LOVE the beach...even in October 

 This picture captures the joy of this little one. It was so fun to watch her splash and play in the water. 
 Baby E loves books! I got to read to her almost everyday, and she also loved sitting in the corner and reading herself! 
 New Orleans architecture is my favorite! It is SO charming!  
 This popular cafe is a famous tourist attraction. I was surprised how packed it was with people enjoying beignets (French doughnuts) 
 An old church in New Orleans
French Market in the French Quarter! 

I am so glad I was able to go visit my family in the South! Thank you Kenny and Sarah for letting me stay with you and the fun times in the Good Ol South! 

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I would love to visit New Orleans. You'll have to make sure you go back to visit again before they are done with school.

    ReplyDelete