Thursday, December 15, 2011

Annual Polar Express Post!

I LOVE Christmas movies! 
Who doesn't enjoy a silly or feel good Christmas movie?
They are really the best, especially since you can really only watch them once a year. 
Well, over the past few years, I have really grown to love the movie, "Polar Express."

Yes, I enjoyed it when I was younger; however, as I am getting older, and really understand the meaning of it, I love it even more. 
As I was looking back over old posts on my blog, I realized that I have posted about this movie for the past two years (I have been a blogger for over two years...weird!),  so I decided I needed to uphold that tradition, as watching Polar Express every year is one of my favorite traditions. 

Yes, I have it memorized.
And, yes, I tear up every time, but I just love it. 

It just reminds me to believe in the true meaning of Christmas and to remember the true Spirit of Christmas, and just leaves me feeling so good about life! 
More importantly, I always seem to learn something new every time I watch it (hence, the yearly blog posts)
This time as I watched it, I kept thinking about the messages shared in the First Presidency Christmas Devotional.
 There was a reoccurring theme about how we decide what we make of Christmas. 
In the talks, there were many references to the idea that everything could go crazy and "wrong," but we decide if we are going to let it ruin our Christmas and Christmas Spirit. 
It is a great reminder that we shouldn't let our circumstances be the factor that decides our attitude, and that material things should not be the focus of Christmas. 
As Santa says in Polar Express, "Just remember, the true spirit of Christmas lies in your heart." 
I love that and it is definitely something I need to do better at! 

Hope you all are LOVING the Christmas season! What are some of your traditions?

(P.s. I now have 200 posts! Yep, I love blogging!)

No comments:

Post a Comment