Saturday, August 6, 2011

A New Perspective!

"Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections."

I absolutely LOVE this quote because it is all about PERSPECTIVE. 
I have been reflecting about this idea a lot tonight, as I watched the movie Soul Surfer with my roommate. 
Yes, I have blogged about this movie before. 
Yes, I still love it as one of my favorites. 
And, yes, I am judging you if you still have not seen it! You need to change that stat!
It seemed like the perfect reminder at the perfect time for me. 
I will be the first to tell you I struggle with looking at things from a bigger perspective. 
I often get caught up in my narrow view. 

When that happens, I tend to be:
A) Overwhelmed
B) Stressed 
C) Anxious
D) Hard on Myself
E) All of the above

It's definitely not a good mix of feelings to be tangled up in. 
Maybe my life isn't exactly where I want it to be, or where I thought it would be. 
Maybe the plans I had for myself did not turn out the way I planned. 
Maybe God has a bigger plan for me than I have for myself. 
Well, not maybe, I know He does because sometimes I can't even see what's right in front of me, let alone fifty years down the road. 
Maybe it's time for me to truly realize and understand that. 

It's time for some new perspectives in my life. 
A new perspective of myself. 
A new perspective of past situations.
A new perspective current situations, and,
A new perspective of the future. 

One of the greatest lessons I've learned from Bethany Hamilton is sometimes you got to look at things from a new perspective
Here's to making that change in my life and to a new, positive, happier outlook!
After all, it's all about your perspective!

No comments:

Post a Comment