Saturday, July 9, 2011

What Am I Doing Again?!

It seems like every time I come up with a good career plan for myself, it doesn't last very long. 
That stresses me out!
I am the kind of person who needs a plan, with many details. 
Unfortunately, figuring out my career plan has not been easy. 
It stresses me out a ton since I graduate next year and need to decide. 

When I originally switched my major last year, I wanted to become a social worker. 
However, that desire has left me.
My most recent endeavor has been to become an adoption counselor, focusing on special needs kids. 
I have been set on this for a couple months, but it is slowly starting to become less thrilling to me. 

However, there is this little spark of interest that I have been having for the last few months and is rekindled every so often. 
MED SCHOOL?!
One day I was reading my psychology book and had a STRONG desire to become a neurologist, and study brains, the nervous system and all that good stuff. 
Then reality hit...I would have to go to med school!
For those of you who know me well, me and blood do not mix well.
Heck, me and pretty much ANYTHING medically related do not mix well, but I am getting a lot better and more fascinated by it as I get older. 

Then that desire went away, until my co-worker was studying for his DAT (Dental Admission Test) and out of the blue I told him I wanted to go to med school, and we chatted about the MCAT. 
And of course he teased me about the fact that medical school would mean I couldn't start a family til I'm older (It's not like am in a position to be married anytime soon).
Then the desire drifted away again.

However, as I recently did some CPR and First Aid certification, that desire returned yet again!
I was so intrigued by what I was learning and wanted to learn more. 
I was actually shocked with myself as this was happening!
Never once in my life would I think anything medically related is interesting. 

So, once again, I am left wondering, "What am I doing again?!" 
I always thought I knew what I wanted to do and what I wanted to be when I graduate from college. 
Now, here it is less than a year away and I cannot decide! 
I guess I am left with some big choices to make....and soon!

1 comment:

  1. Umm....NURSING SCHOOL!!! Its amazing, ideal, medical, and you can totally have a family anytime :)

    ReplyDelete