Sunday, July 3, 2011

Staycation!

Since school got out a month ago, I have kept busy, instead of taking a break like I normally do. 
With summer classes, moving, and adjusting to changes in my life, I have kept myself pretty busy. 
Unfortunately, it caused me to burn myself out. 
I start a new summer class next week and honestly did not know that I had the energy to do it, along with all the other things that are going on the next couple months before school starts. 
Thankfully, I was blessed with a tender mercy-- a four day weekend!
What perfect timing!
I had an itch to go on vacation and get out of town for a couple days. 
Then reality set in and I did not have the means to do so. 
So, I decided to be "out of town" for the day and just have a rejuvenating day.
It was PERFECT!

After getting a few things done I needed to, I started the day off on the poolside with my roomie!
 Of course, we got in the pool as well, but we were focused on soaking up some UV rays. 
It was AMAZING to lay out in the sun and to jump into a refreshing pool!
After 2 hours, some tan lines, and some awkward sunburns we decided to head home for lunch.

After lunch, I headed over to European Wax Center at Dana Park to get my eyebrows waxed!
Best part.....it was absolutely FREE!
(They do a free waxing if you have never been there before! I recommend going! If you do, just tell them I told you about it!)

Then I came home, turned on a movie, and took a little snooze on the couch. 
When my roommate got home, we headed over to Chili's for dinner.
The Quesadilla Explosion Salad hit the spot!

After we came home, the real fun started!
We started watching a movie, but that was interrupted by........

Strawberry Lemonade Slush in fancy glasses!
(We had to make it seem like we were on vacation)




It was quite delicious, which made me proud since it was my first time making it!
We had a blast just laughing and drinking our refreshing drinks. 

Then, we headed off to the BEST part of the night...
THE TEMPLE!




During Fourth of July weekend last year, I was at the temple grounds and there happen to be fireworks close enough to watch, so I sat on the temple grounds and watched them. 
It was a special experience!
I found out the same fireworks show was going to go off again, so of course I had down to the temple to watch again.
I decided it is going to be a long time tradition!
Seriously, it is so special to be on temple grounds and feel the peace and watch spectacular fireworks going off!
It was the perfect end for the week and I am glad I got to see it again!

But the fun still didn't end there.
After we got home, we enjoyed some more fancy drinks and some wonderful face masks!
I followed that with a nice warm bath and a good book!
It was WONDERFUL!

I am so thankful for my "Staycation" today!
It was just what I needed. 
Even though I was in the comfort of my own home and area, I felt like I was in my own little world!
I feel relaxed and rejuvenated and ready to take on the next couple weeks and months!
Sometimes, you really just have to take a day for yourself!
It's amazing what it can do for you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment