Sunday, May 22, 2011

Trials...You Gotta Love Them!

As I have mentioned before, I LOVE General Conference!
I LOVE having the opportunity to listen to the words of the prophets and apostles and to realize the changes I need to make in my life. 
I also LOVE when the Ensign (church magazine) comes out with all the talks in print so I can study them and be reminded of the things I learned, and to teach me new things. 

Anyway, as I was reading through some of the talks, I came across a quote that is quoted a few times in different talks, and realized it was too awesome not to share. 
It is by Orson F. Whitney, who was a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. He said:

"No pain that we suffer, no trial that we experience is wasted. It ministers to our education, to the development of such qualities as patience, faith, fortitude, and humility....It is through sorrow and suffering, toil and tribulation, that we gain the education we came here to acquire."

I LOVE this quote!
As I read it, I thought back to some of the experiences that I have gone through in my life, and it caused me to be grateful for them. 
Sure, they may have been miserable at the time, but I am so thankful for each one. 
I LOVE being able to look back to where I was a year ago, to where I am now, and to see the difference that each experience has made in my life. 
I truly know that no trial is wasted. 
Everything truly does happen for a reason, even when we don't understand those specific reasons!

1 comment:

  1. I seriously wonder sometimes if there is a day that the two of us DON'T learn the same lesson. I drove down from Flag today and spent the entire drive thinking about this exact thing! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete