Saturday, April 9, 2011

Here She Goes Again...

Well, I have once again been overcome by crafting! 
I LOVE making things because it is just so relaxing and keeps me sane!
I have already decided that I want to be one of those stay at home moms who does a lot of crafts!
Maybe even own my own little business someday...that thought has been bouncing around my head for a while!
Anyway, here are my two most recent crafts!
The first one I made over spring break:
The Sassy Apron!

Here's the story behind this one:
I LOVE to cook and bake things, and we have no aprons in our home!
I take that back...we do, but they were my great grandma's and so they are ancient!
Anyway, I have been wanting a fun apron to use when I cook to keep my clothes clean, 
so I decided it would be more cost effective to buy a plain apron and add embellishments to it using materials I already had!
I am quite pleased with how it turned out, and I had a blast making it! (I just need to finish sewing the ruffles on!)
I am excited to feel like a cute cooking momma in the kitchen now!

My other project came from craft blog stalking!
I'm trying to do better at coming up with my own ideas. 
For now, I just use blogs and then add in my own twist to make them my own!
I enjoy doing that very much!
And here is the result.....
A Felt Flower necklace!

This is actually the first necklace I have made!
I have some ideas for more, I just haven't tried them yet!
It didn't turn out exactly like I hoped, but I had fun making it and it will be fun to wear!
My favorite part is the red flower is interchangeable!
It is velcroed on, and so I am going to make different colored flowers to change it with!
So fun!

Those are my latest creations!
Hopefully time and my finances will allow me to make some more here real soon!
It is such a fun past time!
YAY! for crafting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment