Thursday, April 14, 2011

Easter Pageant!

It's that time of the year again......

Easter Time!

I have grown to have a great love for Easter!
Not because of all the candy, treats, and delicious meal,
but because of the focus on Christ! 

I love thinking about Christ and what He has done for me!
It helps me to feel of His great love for me, and to know that, through Him, I can make changes in my life to be better. 
Also, it helps remind me that death is not the end. 
Because of Christ, we will all overcome death and live again with our families! 
What a great blessing to know those things! 
They are truths that have helped me, and continue to help me, through many experiences in my life!
I am very grateful for my Savior, and my knowledge of Him!

One of the other things I love about the Easter season is the opportunity I have each year to watch the Easter Pageant on the temple grounds!

Last year, I decided to make it a tradition to go on the dress rehearsal night because that is always a special night to go.
It is less crowded, so you can sit close without having to get there three hours early.
So this year, I decided to do it again! 
There were more people than last year, but it was still a very good experience!
I love watching the Easter Pageant and being able to go through some of the events in Christ's life!
It brings a special Spirit to the Easter season!

This year was also special because of the people that were sitting around us. 
In front of us was a cute little family that had two cute little blonde boys!
The younger of the boys, who was probably two at the most, got really excited many times, as he watched the pageant and shouted out "Jesus! Jesus!"
It was so sweet to see a little boy at such a young age recognize what was going on and be so excited about it. 
His mother also took the opportunity to use it as a teaching experience and taught him more about Jesus very quietly during the pageant!
It was a tender moment to witness!

We also had a group of young girls sitting behind us, who were probably five or six, that also got really excited about the pageant. 
Through out the pageant, they made there own commentary that just added so much to it. 
For example, when all the children were coming on stage to be blessed by Christ, one of the girls proclaimed, "WOW! There are thousands of children with him!" 
They also had fun trying to figure out who the "bad" guys were. 
It was just cute!

I am thankful for the example of little children! 
I definitely learn a lot from watching them and hearing them speak!
Their enthusiasm is a great example to me!
I am thankful I was able to learn from them as well at the Easter Pageant!
It definitely added to the Spirit that was felt there!

No comments:

Post a Comment