Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My Life Through Quotes

Right now, the events of my life can be summed up into a few quotes. 

The first one is:
"God does notice us, and watches over us. But it is usually through another person that he meets our needs."
~Spencer W. Kimball

The next one is:
"The tender mercies of the Lord are real....they do not occur randomly or merely by coincidence. Often the Lord's timing of His tender mercies helps us both to discern and acknowledge them...The Lord's tender mercies are the very personal and individualized blessings, strength, protection, assurances, guidance, loving-kindness, consolation, support, and spiritual gifts which we receive from and because of and through the Lord Jesus Christ."
~David A. Bednar

And the last one:
"Opposition turns up anyplace something good has happened. It can happen when you are trying to get an education. It can hit you after your first month in your new mission field. It certainly happens in love and marriage....there are cautions and considerations to make, but once there has been a genuine illumination, beware the temptation to retreat from a good thing. If it was right when you prayed about it and trusted it and lived for it, it is right now. Don't give up when the pressure mounts...Face your doubts. Master your fears. 'Cast not away therefore your confidence.' Stay the course and see the beauty of life unfold for you."
~Jeffrey R. Holland

I love these three quotes a lot! I have loved them all since I first heard them, and think back to them quite often.
The quotes, mixed with this song,
"When I Look At You, by Miley Cyrus, best describe happenings in my life:

"Everybody needs inspiration
Everybody needs a song
A beautiful melody when the night's so long
Cause there is no guarantee that this life is easy

Yeah, when my world is falling apart
When there's no light to break up the dark
That's when I look at you

When the waves are flooding the shore
And I can't find my way home anymore
That's when I look at you

When I look at you, I see forgiveness, I see the truth
You love me for who I am, like the stars hold the moon
Right there where they belong
And I know I'm not alone

Yeah, when my world is falling apart
When there's no light to break up the dark
That's when I look at you

When the waves are flooding the shore
And I can't find my way home anymore
That's when I look at you

You appear just like a dream to me
Just like  kaleidescope colors that cover me
All I need, every breath that I breathe
Don't ya know, you're beautiful

When the waves are flooding the shore
And I can't find my way home anymore
That's when I look at you
I look at you

I am so thankful for the light I have to guide me through this life.
Life isn't easy, and there was never a guarantee that it would be.
But I am thankful for the light that I have to help me see through the dark and troublesome times, and to overcome the storms of life.
I am also very grateful for those in my life who help me when I need it most, just through the simplest things.
It REALLY makes a difference! 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment