Monday, March 7, 2011

Because I Knew You, I Have Been Changed For Good!

Have you ever had those weeks that are just packed with incredible growing experiences?
That is kind of how this past week has been. 
It has been so amazing to think back to the little experiences that have helped me grow and teach me things in such profound ways!
As I have been thinking about these experiences, I can't help but think about the people that have been involved in them.
I have come to realize that people are placed in our lives for a reason, and because of that, we have many opportunities to learn and grow from each other. 
What a great blessing that is!
I LOVE the musical, Wicked, and there is a song from it called "For Good," that has been going through my head as I have been thinking about people in my life. 

"I've heard it said that people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led to those who help us most grow
If we let them, and we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today because I knew you

Like a comet pulled from orbit, as it passes the sun
Like a stream that meets a boulder
Halfway through the wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good

It well may be that we may never meet again in this lifetime,
So let me say before we part, 
So much of me is made of what I've learned from you
You'll be with me, like a hand print on my heart
And now whatever way our stories end,
I know you have rewritten mine, by being my friend

Like a ship blown from it's mooring by the wind off the sea
Like a seed dropped by a skybird in a distant wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you, I have been changed for good."

I love the fact that everyone is different.
We all have our personal strengths and weaknesses. 
Because of that, we are able to learn and grow from each other!
I know my life has been changed for good as a result of different people that have entered in it, 
especially this last week.
As different bonds of friendships have been made and strengthened, I have truly felt that people have come into my life at a time when I needed them most, and at a time I have been able to grow the most from them!
I love how that works!
I have been changed for good!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment