Thursday, February 17, 2011

Tender Mercies This Week!

"The tender mercies of the Lord are real and....they do not occur randomly or merely by coincidence
Often the Lord's timing of His tender mercies helps us both to discern and acknowledge them...The Lord's tender mercies are the very personal  and individualized blessings, strength, protection, assurances, guidance, loving-kindness, consolation, support, and spiritual gifts which we receive from and because of and through the Lord Jesus Christ."
~Elder David A. Bednar

I have shared this quote before, but it came to mind again today, as I was thinking about this week!
This week has definitely been a week of tender mercies!
Let me back up a little bit. 
Last week was just one of those weeks. 
You know, those weeks where everything seems to be crazy constantly, and it just drags on and on. 
Let's just say by the end of the week, I was in tears and just done! 
It was quite stressful, and even when I tried to stay positive, it was just hard!

Thankfully, Heavenly Father is aware of me and I was blessed with little tender mercies this week, when I needed it the most!
In comparison to last week, I have been extremely happy this week, because I was aware of those tender mercies!
They have included, but are not limited to:
-Having a great work schedule (aside from being schedule for a 10 hour day tomorrow)
-Being able to get my homework done
-Having experiences that relate to the lesson I am teaching in Relief Society on Sunday
-Meeting new people
-Having time to make crafts
-Being able to exercise (It's been 2 months since I have ran, until tonight! I have been going crazy! I almost died when I went tonight, but I am glad I was able to jog/walk!)
-Seeing a full moon (This sounds funny, but the moon takes my breath away. I LOVE full moons!)
-Laughing so hard I cry

Those are just some of the highlights from this week. 
Yes, there has been opposition, as always, but not nearly as hard as last week.
I also made a special effort to look for the positive to overcome the negative, and it worked!
I know that the tender mercies are not random!
They surely came at a time when I needed them most!
I am thankful for that!
Heavenly Father is the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment