Friday, February 4, 2011

A Friday Night In

After a long, busy week there is only one thing that I like to do.
Can you guess what that is? 
No, it's not going out on the town!
I actually just LOVE having a night to myself.
No homework, no stress, no responsibilities. 
Just me, my jammies, and a chick flick.

Tonight was the perfect night for that. 
My family all went there separate ways, so I had the house to myself. 
I decided to curl up on the couch and watch "The Last Song."

If you haven't seen this movie, you are missing out. 
It is one of my favorites. 
Yes, I bawl every time I watch it, 
even hearing the theme song makes me a little teary-eyed, 
but it is so good! 
I love the lessons taught in it, and of course the tender love story, and the beautiful boy in it doesn't hurt either. 
I love the changes in the characters from the beginning of the movie to the end. 
It just brings out the truth that ANYONE can change, even when it doesn't seem possible. 
I love that message!
I also love the love the main guy, Will, has for the girl, Ronnie. 
He loves her even when she is unruly, and is patient with her while she changes. 
That is love!
I don't want to give away too much, but just know it is so good!
Read the book and watch the movie! 
You won't be dissapointed!

Anyway, after being with people all the time, I am thankful for a night to myself. 
Sometimes, it just feels good to curl up and have a good cry while watching one of my favorite movies. 
That is the perfect night!
And one of my favorite ways to spend a Friday night!


Just a side note- Yes, I do love spending time with friends and going out and having fun!
I am not a recluse or anti-social!
Sometimes though, a chick flick night to myself is just necessary after a long week!

No comments:

Post a Comment