Thursday, January 6, 2011

Treasure Loop

Today was the perfect day for a hike!
And that is exactly what I spent my morning doing!
My friend, Beth Ann, and I headed out about 8 this morning to the Superstition Mountains to do the Treasure Loop hike.
Well we ended up getting lost on the way...and didn't make it out there til about 9, but hey, getting lost is half the adventure! 
If you don't get lost, you're missing out on half the adventure!
So the fun was happening long before we made it to our destination....and continued the whole time!
Literally.
As we were pulling in to pay, the park ranger warned Beth Ann to watch out for pedestrians as she was driving. 
I guess she thought Beth Ann was a reckless driver!
Needless to say, we got a good laugh about that one.
Especially when we saw this sign on the way out:
It was great!

Well, after our fun adventures, we made it to our starting point- the base of the Superstition Mountains, and headed out on the Treasure Loop trail.




It was such a perfect day to be out there! 
The weather was absolutely gorgeous and there weren't too many hikers!
It was also so wonderful to just look around at the beauty of the desert,
something that gets taken for granted.

After about an hour of hiking, we made it to our destination!


Making it to the top of the loop was definitely the best part!
It was a short little hike, but for being out of shape, it gave me a good work out.
When we got to the top, we decided to take some pictures.
But not just any pictures, we were trying to do self-portraits with the mountains in the background.
We kinda failed at it, but did get some great "awkward" photos:









Okay so they aren't all awkward, but let's face it they are pretty bad!
But we had tons of fun trying to take them until we were told by some other hikers to be quiet.
True story. It was awesome.
Luckily I had Beth Ann to take a normal picture for me!

The best part of making it to the top was this bench:


We brought our scriptures up with us, so when we made it to this bench we took some time to be quiet and just read scriptures.
That was one of the neatest experiences I've had. 
I decided that I would read about the creation in Moses, as I had spent the morning enjoying the wonderful creations of nature. 
That was truly special to do as I studied about the creations and looked up to this wonderful view:


It was so incredible and I was able to enjoy nature in a new way! 
In Moses it says, 
"And I, God, saw everything that I had made, 
and behold, all things which I had made were very good."
I was able to see the good in all the creations this morning! 

It really testified to me that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are real!
They truly did create everything!
Not only that, They know everything They created!
Including me! 
I am glad I was able to reflect and remember that this morning!

The experiences in hiking this morning were just what I needed! 
It was definitely a good time!
I am thankful that I was able to get exercise, have fun, and be reminded of special truths all in one morning!
Thanks for the fun, Beth Ann, you rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment