Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Each Life That Touches Ours For Good

A few months ago, I was going through a rough time. 
I also missed some school because of it. 
Well, one day I woke up and wasn't going to school, I had a feeling I should e-mail my institute teacher to let him know. 
I didn't know why because I didn't know him very well, as it was still pretty early in the semester. 
But, I felt like I should, so I did...and I am glad I did!
That e-mail lead to my friendship with Kourtney!
My institute teacher sent her my e-mail, and she was quick to respond to a girl in need, and I am so thankful for that!
She happened to be in town and we were able to go out to dinner and chat that very same week!
In weeks following, she would randomly send me conference talks, articles, and quotes when I needed them the most! 
It was a huge blessing to help me through the hard time I was going through!
She told me I could visit her up in Flagstaff anytime, and this last weekend I finally took her up on that offer to get a break from the craziness of life!
It was just what I needed!!

(A quick side note...I woke up to my car looking like this on Saturday, so I had a fancy car to drive in! Thanks Allie, Mari, and Elena!)




So on Saturday evening, I headed up to the freezing cold of Flagstaff! 
Yes, I am a true Mesa girl and froze my buns off!
When I got there, we had some time before stake conference, so Kourtney gave me a little tour of Flagstaff and we spent some time walking around downtown Flagstaff, which is super cute!


It was a blast! The rest of the evening was filled with an amazing stake conference, dinner at IHOP with people from Kourtney's ward, grocery shopping, and chatting til late in the night about different experiences! 
Then, Sunday was filled with muffin making, an AMAZING stake conference broadcast, a very neat missionary discussion, and a delicious "linner" with many many laughs!
It was a great weekend and I didn't want to leave!
Thank you Kourtney for letting me stay with you!

This morning, I took some time to reflect on how lucky I am to be blessed with such great friends, like Kourtney! The words to the hymn, "Each Life That Touches Ours For Good," came into my head and pretty much described the feelings and thoughts I was having perfectly. 
The lyrics are:

Each life that touches ours for good 
Reflects thine own great mercy, Lord;
Thou sendest blessings from above
Thru words and deeds of those who love.

What greater gift dost thou bestow, 
What greater goodness can we know
Than Christlike friends, whose gentle ways
Strengthen our faith, enrich our days.

When such a friend from us departs, 
We hold forever in our hearts
A sweet and hallowed memory, 
Bringing us nearer, Lord, to thee.

For worthy friends whose lives proclaim
Devotion to the Savior's name,
Who bless our days with peace and love, 
We praise thy goodness, Lord, above. 

This hymn pretty well describes the feelings I had when I returned home from Flagstaff!
I am thankful that Kourtney is full of charity, and was willing to help out a complete stranger!
She truly is a Christlike friend and I am thankful for that example in my life! 
Friends are truly a blessing, especially when they live righteously! 
I am so thankful for "each life that touches [mine] for good!" 
You mean more than you could ever know!

No comments:

Post a Comment