Thursday, November 11, 2010

Adventures!

I realized I am not very good at blogging about happenings in my life! 
I mostly blog about my thoughts, etc. 
So I decided it was time for an update of some of the adventures in my life! 
(Yes, I have some adventure!)

Before I get into the adventures, some background is necessary. 


This is Beth Ann....BA for short!
She is one of my good friends in my singles' branch! 
Anyway, Beth Ann has a list of things she has been wanting to do, like go to different places, just to have fun doing different things!
I find joy in doing new things too, so we have been going out and doing them!
We call them "The Adventures of BA and Steph....plus a few others!"
They are always a good time!


The first "adventure" we went on was on October 1st. 
We went to an event called First Fridays in Downtown Phoenix.
This happens on the first Friday of every month, and they have different places open for free. 
So we decided to go to the Arizona Science Center!
We got a group together from our branch, and had a great time!
Here are some of the pictures:
 Tawnya
 Me


Wheelchair races!





The group! (Minus BA)

We went to Mi Amigo's afterward!


It definitely was a fun time! It was fun to get out and do something different! 


The rest of October was kind of crazy, so we didn't get another adventure in there, but we came up with ideas for plenty more! 

The next adventure I went on was actually a date with my younger brother, Connor on November 5th!
Every time the commercials for the movie, Megamind, came on, he told me he wanted to see it. 
It looked cute, so I told him I would take him when it came out. 
Then, I decided it would be fun to make a date out of it and go to dinner wherever he wanted. 
So we went to Old Country Buffet. 
I hadn't been there in years, but it was quite yummy!
We also had a very interesting experience there. 
We were eating our dinner and this older man (I am talking with mostly gray hair) came up to our table and stood by Connor.
He looked at me and said, "I see you are dating younger men. Do you date older ones?"
It was quite awkward to say the least, and I didn't know how to respond, so I just smiled and kind of chuckled. 
Then, he told us to have a good night and walked off. 
Needless to say, we cracked up afterward!
What made it even more funny is the night before Connor and I were at the gas station and the cashier was talking to me a lot and joking around. 
Then when we walked out, Connor looked at me and said, "You know that guy was hitting on you right?"
Funny words to be coming out of my 12 year old brother's mouth!
I guess it's not safe for me to go places with him anymore! 
Anyway, so after dinner we went to see the movie Megamind! 
It was a super cute movie, and we had a good time!
Here is a preview for those of you who haven't heard of it!
 

It is way good, but I am a sucker for this animated movies! 
It was such a fun night and I am glad that I was able to spend some time with Connor! 
Of course, I made him take pictures with me:
 We think Megamind is cool! 

These were my attempts to get both of us with the sign!
Fun fun night!! 


The next adventure was the next night, November 6. 
It was another "BA and Steph...plus a few others" adventure!
There were five of us from the branch that went to a comedy competition at Chandler-Gilbert Community College! 
It was stand up comedy, and the winner got to open up for a comedian at The Tempe Improv. 
It was such a fun event to be at. 
I haven't laughed so hard in a long time! 
Seriously, afterward my cheeks hurt from laughing! 
I don't think that has ever happened before. 
Then after the comedy, we went to Ocean Blue frozen yogurt!
If you haven't been there...you are missing out! 
It is quite divine! 
It sure was another entertaining night full of many laughs! 


Our most recent adventure was last night! 
It was BA's birthday and she wanted to go to the Drive-In movies!
So we got a small group together and headed out for another good time! 
At the drive-in's you get a double feature for a cheaper price then the regular movies, so it is well worth it. 
So we first watched "Shrek: Happily Never After" and then we watched "Megamind." 
The Shrek movie was actually pretty good....considering it was the forth one, and of course I loved watching "Megamind" again!
We sat in the back of BA's car with like five million blankets to keep warm, and it was a fun time! There were five of us from the ward....and Jeff (He is from Beth Ann's old ward!)
Here are some of the fun shots from the night:
 Here is the group: Me, Beth Ann, Deborah, Jess, and Annicia....Jeff was taking the picture. 
Beth Ann and I! 
Annicia and Jess! 
Beth Ann, Deborah, and me trying to stay warm!
 Deborah and myself!
 Our pile of blankets....and we were still freezing! 
Happy birthday BA!! 
Annicia and Jess again! 
This is what we get for giving Jeff the camera. 
I like how I am the only one ready for the picture! 


It was a way fun night! I had never been to the drive-in before, so I loved it even more! 
We had many good laughs and many good quotes develop, including, but not limited to:
-"JEFF, THAT IS WEIRD!" (In a yelling voice).
-(After a commercial about an Usher concert in Phoenix)
"Oh cool Usher is coming to the AZ"
"Usher is coming to the AZ?"
"That's what the commercial just said."
"It did?"
-(Talking about Britney Spears) "She is doing much better now...she has hair!"


Good good times! I love these fun adventures, and am looking forward to many more! I love my friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment