Monday, March 15, 2010

Peace Comes Through Hope!

Today was quite an interesting day! 
This morning as I was getting ready, I vowed to make today a good day and to have a good rest of the week!
As I was driving to work, I was jamming out to my favorite songs, and singing at the top of my lungs.
Needless to say, I was excited for the day and just in the greatest mood!
Of course, every time you try to do something good or right, opposition works that much harder against you!
Such was the case today.
It seemed like right off the bat when I got to work things were chaotic and just kept snowballing.
By the time it was time for me to go to lunch, I had never been so excited to get out and away from work for that hour!
I was just frustrated beyond belief and my optimism from the morning had completely gone away! 
I let the opposition overtake me and bring me down.
Well, during my lunch hour I checked my e-mail. 
I get the YSA LDS gems e-mailed to me every day and it had just got sent to me before I checked my e-mail, and it was just what I needed.
Today's quote was from James E. Faust. He said,
"Everybody in this life has their challenges and difficulties. That is part of our mortal test. The reason for some of these trials cannot be readily understood except on the basis of faith and hope because there is often a larger purpose which we do not always understand. Peace comes through hope."
 It just really hit me and completely change my mood to realize that despite all the frustrations I was having at work, I could still have peace in the knowledge that things would get better. It would be one day I would never have to live again and I could find peace in knowing that there was hope for a better day tomorrow. 
It just really struck me and was a truly humbling experience to have.
After reading that I was able to go back to work in a much better mood and have a much better rest of the day! I am so thankful for these little tender mercies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment