Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A Daughter of a King!

This evening was so frustrating!
I have been playing Sister Mom, which has been good thus far....until tonight!
Let's just say my little brothers were being teenage boys and not very helpful or communicative when I tried asking them things that I needed responses to. 
I was just beyond frustrated that they wouldn't communicate, so nothing was getting accomplished.
Well, after they left for mutual I just felt so overwhelmed and just so alone!
I guess I just sometimes feel that no one cares, which is a very selfish feeling to have, and I let it get the best of me. 
Well, then I started working on things for a musical number we are having at our upcoming Relief Society activity, and the words to the song we are doing hit me so hard. 
This has always been one of my favorite songs, and I couldn't listened to it again at a more perfect time.
It is called, "Daughter of a King," by Jenny Phillips.



The lyrics brought me to tears as I was reminded of an important truth.
I am a daughter Heavenly Father.
He knows me and loves me.
He is always there for me, even when I feel so alone! 
What peace that brought to me when I needed it the most!

No comments:

Post a Comment