Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thursdays!

So Thursdays seem to be my new favorite day of the week (except Sundays of course!)!
School wise it is bittersweet since I don't have class til 1:30 in the afternoon.
But......I have to stay til 7:30 at night. which I don't like.
But, another plus is I have my favorite class on Thursdays....math for elementary teachers.
It is so fun!
Anyways, so Thursdays are bittersweet in that aspect. 
My favorite part about Thursdays is
my weekly visits to the temple!
 I made it a goal this new year to visit the temple at least twice a month.
However, I have been trying to go every Thursday morning on my way to school.
What a difference that makes!
I usually just stop for about 20-30 minutes to study the scriptures,
but I have found that those are some of my most effective and beneficial scripture studies.
The peace of the temple grounds provide a perfect place to study and reflect on things in my life and realize the areas in which I need to improve.
It is also amazing to leave feeling so much joy and peace and starting my day off with that!

Today when I went to the temple I had a very neat experience.
I was sitting in the usual spot studying my scriptures and a talk for my institute class,
and two sister missionaries came up and starting talking to me.
They asked me about what I was studying and what I had found in my reading and so I shared with them what I had studied so far and we got into a little discussion about it.
It was a neat experience to be able to share my thoughts with the missionaries and listen to their insights as well. It added a lot to what I had studied and learned and was just amazing.
Then after they left, I continued on for a little while with my studying and came across a scripture in Doctrine & Covenants 19:38-39. It reads,
"Pray always, and I will pour out my Spirit upon you, and great shall be your blessing- yea, even more than if you should obtain treasures of earth and corruptibleness to the extent thereof. Behold canst thou read this without rejoicing and lifting up thy heart for gladness?"
The second verse really stood out to me. After talking to the missionaries about what I was studying, that verse described how I was feeling so perfectly. I was so filled with joy and gladness because I knew the experiences this morning were not by coincidence, but rather what I needed. The gospel is AMAZING! I am so thankful for the joy and happiness it brings me! I am also very thankful for my Thursday temple trips and definitely am so excited to go again next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment