Sunday, January 24, 2010

Back To School and Such from this Past Week!

   So this last week I started up my second semester of college! Pretty much all I can say is I love being back in school! I don't know if it's because I have a more positive attitude about school this semester, or what it is, but I just love being back and learning. I could do without the homework, but I guess that's what helps me learn the material better, so it is actually a good thing! So far this semester I have already met at least one person in every class......which is a big jump from last year. It seems like last year I didn't really make too many friends until the end of the semester, and since campus is so huge.....I haven't seen them again. Needless to say, knowing people in my classes make them so much more enjoyable! My favorite class so far, which probably isn't a safe thing to judge after only a week, is my human development class. This is an on-line class, but the material of the class is very fascinating to me. Maybe that's why I am minoring in it! I have never been so eager to read a text book for a class and do work for it, but it is just exciting for me!I am also taking a computer class. Three hours every Tuesday, with a confusing grad student as a teacher, is not something I am looking forward to, but it must be done so it is manageable. I am also taking a class about English Language Learner students. It is kind of ironic though because my teacher is from China, and speaks broken English, so I really can't understand anything she says. I guess I will get a good feel of what English Language Learner students have to go through! The last class I am doing on campus is a math for elementary school teachers class. I love this one too. I feel like I am in elementary school again. Seriously, we played with shape blocks in class on Thursday and my math homework is very simple! It should be fun fun fun! I am also doing an English class online, so that's not too bad either!! My journey to becoming a teacher is going on joyfully! This semester I am also doing an institute class at ASU, which I love love love! It is a class about the Atonement, Repentance, and Forgiveness. Just like in all my other classes, I have already met people in this class, which makes me happy. The best part though is the subject matter of the class. Just this past two week (after two classes) I was reminded of so many things that I needed to hear or that I just find intriguing. One thing that has really stood out to me this week is a quote my teacher read to us on the first day of class. I can't remember who he was quoting, but the quote says, "The most important thing is whether or not the Atonement is working in your life." I have thought about that a lot and reflected about how big a role the Atonement plays in my life. It is amazing that when we use the Atonement in our lives daily, everything else seem to fall into place. Things won't be perfect, as there will always be challenges, but it is safe to say that when someone uses the Atonement and makes that one of his/her main focuses, everything else will fall into place in it's due time. The Atonement is amazing! I am excited to learn more about it and be reminded of the truths about the Atonement!            
So that's all about my schooling. It took up a big chunk of my time this last week, hence, why haven't blogged for a while, and it will continue to do so this whole semester! Another big thing from this past week, well big for Arizona, was the crazy amount of rain we received over the course of a few days. I love rain and thunderstorms, but I hate being out in it. Unfortunately for me, I had to be at school in it on Thursday, the worst day of the storming, and drive home in it Thursday night! It could have been one possibly one of the scariest things in my life. However, I am also very grateful for that experience. It really strengthened my testimony of the power of prayer and the peace that the Holy Ghost can bring. It was amazing that although I was so scared to venture out into the storm, when I said a prayer and trusted Heavenly Father I was able to feel peace. Although everything around me was crazy and intense, I was at peace knowing that I would make it home safely, and sure enough I did. Prayer is an amazing thing! 

The last bit of excitement from this week was seeing the movie, The Lovely Bones. I thought this was a fabulous movie. Although, parts of it were a little confusing since I haven't read the book. If you like intense movies, then I highly recommend it. The hardest part for me about watching this movie is that it dealt with my biggest fear. One of my biggest fears in life is getting kidnapped or approached by a creeper. It was hard for me to see that happen in the movie and almost rekindled that fear inside of me. I guess that is kind of a good thing though because now I will be extra cautious everywhere I go!

So that basically covers my past week! Very very busy and eventful, but also very good! This week started off to a great week already also and it's only the first day. First of all, my little brother got ordained to a teacher today. That was a neat experience to attend his ordination with my whole family this morning. Although, it made me feel old. I can remember being 14 like it was yesterday, so it's hard for me to believe that it was 5 years ago! Nonetheless, it was still great to be there with all my family this morning! Then, in my ward today it felt like once again all the messages were just for me.
That always helps me be excited about starting the new week. It always gives me that boost I need to press on another week! I love it!!!

{Have a great week!}

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! the Chinese teacher thing is pretty dang weird my friend! : ] And I so want to go see that movie too, but now that you say that about the getting kidnapped thing Im totally freaked out!:/

    ReplyDelete