Thursday, December 10, 2009

Just Some Thoughts and Happenings!


This morning I watched the movie, Julie & Julia, which is one of my favorite movies, and of course is what inspired me to start this blog. As I was watching it this morning, I was thinking about my blog. In the movie, Julie creates a blog to record her experiences in cooking and trying out recipes. Then I started thinking about the many other blogs out there- many people create blogs to share craft ideas, recipes, or even just to share good deals that they have found. These types of blogs have avid readers and people follow them religiously. I started thinking about my blog. I honestly don't know how many people read it, if anyone. So, unlike these other blogs, I do this blog for me and my own pleasure. In the movie, Julie describes what blogging is like for her. She describes it as an escape after a long day at work and to just get away. That's what I feel like my blog is for me. As I reread my previous posts, I realize that my blog is not too exciting; however, I love the time I have just to write out my thoughts and different experiences. It is nice to have that escape for a time and to record some memories and thoughts! So, for that fact, even though my blog can be boring to read, I absolutely love it! 


Anyways, last night our branch had our Relief Society Christmas activity. I must say I am quite pleased how it turned out. It was very stressful trying to get everything worked out for it. We had a dinner to get ready and a lot of preparation for the craft we did. Nonetheless, it all went together nicely and I am so glad the stress of planning it is over. Here are a few pictures of the craft we made: 
We made these cute little letter blocks. They say "Joy" on one side and "Boo" on the other side. So they can be used for both Christmas and Halloween! I made two sets......one for my brother and sister-in-law's house and one for mine. I am not very creative, but these were very simple and hard to mess up, so I think they turned out pretty cute. 


The best part of it all was the many many many laughs we had while we were making them. I must say the "old ladies" from our branch (the branch presidency's wives) are some of the most hilarious people ever. The two that were there last night were more outgoing than I had ever seen before. They also let their true personalities show and it was hilarious......let's just say I was bawling from laughter. I loved it! 

1 comment: