Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Hello! My Name is Clueless!

I find it quite fascinating that for being a {single} girl with a blog, I have managed to go this long without really talking about every single's person {favorite} topic..........

{Dating}

I'm sure you can search through the many posts on my blog and have no luck of finding this glorious word. 
How does one manage that?
It's quite simple....
Have a really rough experience with dating, which results in you being less social, and then pack your schedule with way too many other things. 
Voila! Dating becomes the least of your focuses in life. 

Thankfully, time heals, and brings greater maturity. 
And I have come to terms with the fact that dating is a crucial part of life, no matter how awkward/hard it may be at times, because it leads to the wonderful path of {marriage}
And, in reality, there is no way to {good} way to get to marriage without dating.
Thus, I need to do better at making it a priority in my life. 

However, as I have been thinking about this, I've come to terms with one simple fact. 
When it comes to dating, there is one simple word to describe me........

{Clueless}.

True story.
I'll never forget an experience I had with a coworker when I was 18 and working as a bank teller. 
I can't remember the context leading up to the conversation, but I do remember him telling me that a guy could be interested in me and I would not even have a clue. I remember disagreeing with him, and him informing me to wait til I'm older and then I would realize it. 
Fast forward to a year later when I was seriously dating someone (which is quite ironic, given the context of this post).
We were eating dinner one night and I remember him basically telling me the same thing that I'm clueless when guys are interested. And once again, I protested. 

Fast forward to now. 
About 3 years later. 
I realized....they were both right. When it comes to dating I am 100% clueless. 
I honestly could not tell you if a guy was showing interest in me.
Even better, I do not know how to show interest in a guy (I wasn't always this way, but that's a WHOLE other story).
As a single girl with the dream of getting married someday...this is a problem.  
But step one is recognizing, right?

So here's my vow to the blogger world (or the two people who read my blog) and myself:

{Get a Clue} 

To be honest, I'm not quite sure how this is going to happen quite yet, 
However, one of my favorite phrases "be quick to observe" (from the Book of Mormon) keeps going through my mind, as a help to this dilemma. 

So, here's to a girl who is ready to put some effort into figuring out this dating thing! 
Any tips/suggestions would be gladly accepted! 

No comments:

Post a Comment