Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Race of Life

My new favorite scripture/motto for life
"Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, 
and let us run with patience the race that is set before us."
~Hebrews 12:1

The Story:
This last week I was able to talk to just about all of my closest friends and each of them was going through/having some major life change take place in their lives. As I talked to each of them throughout the week, I couldn't help but be so excited for them, but to be honest, I had a little thought of "why isn't my life this exciting or progressing with this excitement?"
Luckily, I was able to brush that thought aside and keep going happily about my life. 
It was until today.....five days after that thought came that I really got an answer that I didn't know I needed. 
It came from the scripture above that President Monson quoted in his talk in April's general conference entitled, "The Race of Life."
As I was listening to this talk, I was reminded of some things that I have already known, but often forget:

1) I NEED to be patient! 
2) The race/path is set out before me, and 
3) Patience is the key to progression on my path!

As I was thinking about these truths, it help me to realize that I am getting somewhere in the race of life. 
Not just anywhere, but where I need to be going!

I recently started working at Guerrero Elementary School again as an instructional assistant (Kindercare was not working out for me at all), and in a week, I start my Master's program in Early Childhood Education to become a certified teacher. 

I can't even tell you the joy I have felt in returning to work at Guerrero. For the first time in a long time, I look forward to going to work each day and come home happy! It just reminds me it's where I am needing to be. It has also helped increase my joy in embarking on my master's program. Being around teachers all day every day helps remind me more and more that teaching is what I want to do! It is such a happy feeling to have. 

I am thankful for the opportunity I had to be reminded of these wonderful things. I love little moments that help put life back into perspective for me, and help me see that life is progressing just as it needs to be and I need to develop one huge attribute to continue on "the race that is set before [me]".
..........PATIENCE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment