Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Creating Healthy Habits....Again!

Remember that time I used to blog about my running, and I actually was pretty consistent at it?
(If not, you can look back in my blog history. You are going to have to look back a few months. It's been a while!)
Well, I really decided I needed to get into that habit again!
It has been hard because of school, but after feeling disgusting, being in a health class, and having a lesson on the Word of Wisdom, I have decided that I have no time for excuses! 
It is kind of amazing how much more I can accomplish when I take some time to run or walk!
It may sound weird, but I have more energy and am able to focus more!
And I love that! 
Plus, I just feel a lot better about myself, and that is always a good thing!
Tonight was night two since I've decided to get back into it!
I will admit, it was hard!
Especially since I currently don't have a running buddy and self motivation is not easy!
But I did my best.

I forgot how hard it is to start back up with running, especially after two months.
I will admit, I was discouraged after being too sore to keep going after a mile and a half (not all of that was running either).
But it reminded me that, just like in the Gospel, if you are not doing something everyday to progress forward, you are regressing!
Luckily, it is possible to get back on the progressing path. 
It may take more work, but it is oh so worth it!
I just have to keep reminding myself of that as I push through these tough starting stages!

No comments:

Post a Comment